Incorrect back washing lead to sand

Jun 7, 2016
Enon Ohio
Got pointed 18x42 pool all set up and went to use new intex sand filter pump this morning. Started off with backwash as instructed then moved on to rinse then to filter. Noticed that there wasn't much water movement in pool and no suction. Hubby realized he'd connected one of the hoses of the pump to the drain instead of in. Fixed it and suddenly we thought we were good until we noticed the pile of sand on bottom of pool. Could this be result of backwashing with incorrect hook up? Pump is brand new so I'm doubting it has to do with anything being cracked. I didn't notice any more additional sand to the pile despite running the pump on filter for about 4 hours.

When backwashing did water go into the pool or out onto the grass. If not on grass then you could have sent loose sand into the pool.

Some definitely came out the in hole but it never stopped coming out. I never checked to see if water was going into the pool though. I only thought that could be the case when I saw all the sand sitting right under the one port.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.