Possible calcium scaling on pool vinyl liner - how do I remove this?

ME3399

Jun 7, 2016
QC, Canada
Hello, new to this forum.

I recently opened our pool for the summer season and have noticed a very gritty substance on the pool walls. It is present where the floor meets the walls and extend 1.5-2 feet up. I have shocked the pool originally and that has cleared the water. I have had the water tested this past weekend for the second time and all reads normal.

I was advised by my local pool store to reduce the pH significantly to bring the water into an acidic state to try and help remove whatever is on the walls. I have tried brushing the substance away but this does nothing. Can anyone tell me what my next steps should be? How did this occur and how fast can this be resolved. Is there a product I can use to remove it from the walls?

Thanks!

Reactions: Hairdoer
Hello, new to this forum.

I recently opened our pool for the summer season and have noticed a very gritty substance on the pool walls. It is present where the floor meets the walls and extend 1.5-2 feet up. I have shocked the pool originally and that has cleared the water. I have had the water tested this past weekend for the second time and all reads normal.

I was advised by my local pool store to reduce the pH significantly to bring the water into an acidic state to try and help remove whatever is on the walls. I have tried brushing the substance away but this does nothing. Can anyone tell me what my next steps should be? How did this occur and how fast can this be resolved. Is there a product I can use to remove it from the walls?

Thanks!
If you will test diligently, you can run your pH 7.0 - 6.8 and that will speed the process. be on top of your testing and don't go any lower.

It occurred through a combination of high pH and fairly high calcium content. Checking pH frequently prevents it from getting as high as it did.

Sorry, no magic product....unless you want to go back to the pool store......they will be glad to sell you something. Whether it works or not is another issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.