Question re: Concrete Block Pool Build

May 1, 2016
New Orleans, LA
Hi. We are planning out the final finish for our concrete block pool build, but we (my husband and I) are torn, and need more information/advice, etc. before we can move forward.

plan: 24x12 concrete block pool (we just applied for the permit, so waiting on that).
question re: how to finish...

1) Vinyl liner?
2) Is it possible to plaster a concrete block pool? and is it advisable? We would like to have a saltwater pool, but I've been reading that saltwater pools and vinyl liners don't mix well. Is this true, or BS?

Any advice/words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!

The person we bought our house from said the pool builder sold him on a mineral based Pool Frog system instead of salt because the salt was harder on the liners. I suspect that the previous owner wasn't telling me the truth, and really he chose the Pool Frog because it was cheaper up front. On the other hand, I could see a pool builder thinking SWG systems were bad for vinyl in that they can make the pH rise. Since most folks don't test their water, if the pH stayed too high for a while, it could then damage the liner. But I'd like to assume if you are reading this forum you'll do better than that! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.