Channel around pool steps? What is this thing?

threecheese

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
Long Island, NY
There is a channel around my pool steps, I am not sure what it's purpose is and I cannot find anything on the web. It looks like some type of channel/female that accepts a male .. something.
Please excuse the algae, those stairs are a PITA! :p

pool steps channel.jpg

Thanks!

I have the same thing around my steps. I would be interested if anyone knows where to get the cover moulding that goes onto the track (part that covers the screws. I have a broken piece and would like to replace it. I have not been able to find it anywhere.

I have the same stairs, and track. Same bare screws. Wonder if the insert was just poorly made, and did last long as it would appear this is a chronic condition. I just had my liner replaces and that is the seal for the strairs that keeps the water in the pool. Let me know if you find a place that sells the replacement. I would love to finish my new liner off by trim up the stair frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the post above, and found also...thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.