TF-100 will be here on Thursday

Waiting for the sun to come up so I can test and see how well it held overnight.
We have only been Texans for 19 days and are not yet acclimated to the heat. It's supposed to hit 99 degrees today.
I've seen mention of the OKSWIM test so I am going to go read about that till it's light enough to finish the OCLT.
5a9e44577069867ca48f503458190810.jpg

16,600 gallon, freeform, gunite and plaster pool/spa combo. Hayward SP3207EE pump, S310T sand filter, Century 1081 boost pump and Aqualogic panel.

Thank goodness you're here to tell me that. I thought I was just supposed to catch it before direct sunlight hit it. Yay!. Testing now.

16,600 gallon, freeform, gunite and plaster pool/spa combo. Hayward SP3207EE pump, S310T sand filter, Century 1081 boost pump and Aqualogic panel.

It held!!!!

Didn't someone around these parts predict it would?
I doubt the actual need of this SLAM. I predict she passes the OCLT tomorrow morning.

;-)

(Super psyched)
What's next?

1. Jump in and go ENJOY your pool!

2. Maintain FC levels on a daily basis according to the Cl/CYA chart.

3. Later today when the sun burns off some of that Free chlorine, do a full panel of tests and tweak accordingly. Once Cl lowers you will get an accurate pH level. You already have an idea of your CYA being that you basically started from scratch and used that liquid stabilizer. But let's get a read on that. You may want to go a touch higher being that you only dosed half the amount.

4. Having a plaster pool, we are going to have to get a read on you Calcium level. I don't recall you saying where you got your fill water from after you drained the entire pool, so this may be way too low for a plaster pool. This is important and needs to be looked at soon.

Otherwise, enjoy! AND....... :goodjob:

- - - Updated - - -

Test now before the sun comes up..

Great job chiming in on a VERY timely basis with this, otherwise we would have had to wait another 24 hrs. This forum needs a "Like" button for posts that add value as this post did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
STACY! I have been following your thread. The others had you very well covered so there has been no need for me to jump into the mix. THANKS GUYS!

But I do want to share this with you. It is what I give new pool owners. Some of it you might have already seen but I don't want to leave anything out. You asking what is next promoted me to share this with you:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim:cat:

Didn't someone around these parts predict it would?

;-)

1. Jump in and go ENJOY your pool!

2. Maintain FC levels on a daily basis according to the Cl/CYA chart.

3. Later today when the sun burns off some of that Free chlorine, do a full panel of tests and tweak accordingly. Once Cl lowers you will get an accurate pH level. You already have an idea of your CYA being that you basically started from scratch and used that liquid stabilizer. But let's get a read on that. You may want to go a touch higher being that you only dosed half the amount.

4. Having a plaster pool, we are going to have to get a read on you Calcium level. I don't recall you saying where you got your fill water from after you drained the entire pool, so this may be way too low for a plaster pool. This is important and needs to be looked at soon.

Otherwise, enjoy! AND....... :goodjob:

- - - Updated - - -

Great job chiming in on a VERY timely basis with this, otherwise we would have had to wait another 24 hrs. This forum needs a "Like" button for posts that add value as this post did.

0b03a7f5f6c52c1ab335090a9f55b13a.jpg

10:30 AM-----
Air temp 81
Pool temp 85
FC 8.5
CC 0
CYA 20 (26 Actual)
pH 8.0
TA 170
CH 300

Our tap water was
TA 190
CH 225
CYA 0
pH 7.8

What I've done since, monkeyed with the skimmers because they were falling behind. It's better now. One seems a bit clogged but still runs. I think the flappy doors got kinda stuck having been dry for a day.

Then, I added enough liquid cyanuric (23 oz) to edge CYA up by 4 to 30.

I told the family they could probably swim 2 hours after I added the cyanuric. How does that sound to you guys?

You were adding liquid stablizer right? Just make sure to brush good and you should only wait 15-30 minutes.

Recommended levels: Pool School - Recommended Levels

Your TA is high and that will cause your PH to constantly creep up. You should try to bring down your TA.

How to lower TA: Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Have you thought about adding a SWG cell to your Aqua Logic Panel?

I told the family they could probably swim 2 hours after I added the cyanuric. How does that sound to you guys?

Considering I am one to dump 1/2 gallon of Muriatic acid in the pool, jump on top of the "acid glaze" and begin doing a few butterfly laps to get it good an mixed in? I probably am not the best to give advice on swim times.

Have you thought about adding a SWG cell to your Aqua Logic Panel?

Great idea. Briefly discussed earlier in this thread. It would be an easy install with that panel you already have. Get comfortable with the pool for a while and consider this down the road.

Considering I am one to dump 1/2 gallon of Muriatic acid in the pool, jump on top of the "acid glaze" and begin doing a few butterfly laps to get it good an mixed in? I probably am not the best to give advice on swim times.

With liquid CYA, it's fine to swim almost immediately after adding. It's not overly acidic or dangerous. Even if you were adding a powdered or granular form of CYA, you can swim while it's still dissolving.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.