AGP Robot decision help

Robl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
CT
I need some help! So much confusion calling local dealers. Some say yes, some say no.
I'm looking for a robot cleaner to replace my deceased Pool Rover JR. Hated the tangled cord and cleaning that bag.

Looking around here, google and local stores comes up with different answers. Locally most say an IG cleaner cannot be used on an AGP. If they are all ok for vinyl why not?

What I'm looking at:
Dolphin Cayman, Escape, Nautilus+, E-10, S-50 (local only?), DX4 (same as Nautilus+?)
Aquabot X4/4WD/Breeze

What should I get? 15x30 AGP w/ cake steps. I'd like to keep it $800 or less unless there is a very good reason to spend $1000. I don't care where it comes from as long as the warranty is valid.
Cleaning the walls would be a nice plus. I do have trees nearby so no small collection filters.

Thanks everyone!
Rob

So far recommendations are:
Dolphin Nautilus Plus
Aquabot X4 or Elite

Anyone tried either one? Any reason to go with the Elite? At $1047 it's pricey but has a 3 yr warranty and scheduled cleanings and taking the filters out with it still in the water looks easy. Seems wife friendly :)
If it's really going to last longer than 5+ years I'm ok with that. If they all last 3-4 years then I'd rather stick with a lower priced model. My season is sort of short in CT so I would hope they last a lot longer than the Rover JR I had.

I do not have any experience with the X4 but I do own a Nautilus +. It is a fantastic cleaner for my AGP. It climbs the walls, but does limited cleaning on the waterline. It tries, but those walls are really too steep for it to travel along them for any given time. However he gets the floor sparkling and shows that he is working hard when I clean his filters when complete. Here is a link to a review another TFP member gave on this forum:

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/132663-Dolphin-Nautilus-Plus-with-CleverClean-REVIEW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.