Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Robot decision help

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Robot decision help

I need some help! So much confusion calling local dealers. Some say yes, some say no.
    I'm looking for a robot cleaner to replace my deceased Pool Rover JR. Hated the tangled cord and cleaning that bag.

Looking around here, google and local stores comes up with different answers. Locally most say an IG cleaner cannot be used on an AGP. If they are all ok for vinyl why not?

What I'm looking at:
    Dolphin Cayman, Escape, Nautilus+, E-10, S-50 (local only?), DX4 (same as Nautilus+?)
    Aquabot X4/4WD/Breeze

What should I get? 15x30 AGP w/ cake steps. I'd like to keep it $800 or less unless there is a very good reason to spend $1000. I don't care where it comes from as long as the warranty is valid.
    Cleaning the walls would be a nice plus. I do have trees nearby so no small collection filters.

Thanks everyone!
    Rob
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP Robot decision help

I think a lot of it has to do with wall climbing. An in ground pool with vinyl liner has SOLID walls. An AGP----------not so much!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

So which one would be best for what I have?
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

4. Back To Top    #4

So far recommendations are:
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus
    Aquabot X4 or Elite

Anyone tried either one? Any reason to go with the Elite? At $1047 it's pricey but has a 3 yr warranty and scheduled cleanings and taking the filters out with it still in the water looks easy. Seems wife friendly
    If it's really going to last longer than 5+ years I'm ok with that. If they all last 3-4 years then I'd rather stick with a lower priced model. My season is sort of short in CT so I would hope they last a lot longer than the Rover JR I had.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm in the same boat... I am leaning more towards to choosing the Nautilus myself. Let me know which one you wnt with, why, and how you like it.
    Currently under construction: 15' x 30' x 54" Saltwater 8000 Oval Pool - Built Semi Inground - Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC w/IC40 SWG - Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed 3 HP Pool Pump - FNS Plus 48 Sq Ft Filter - Pentair Screen Logic Bundle Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I do not have any experience with the X4 but I do own a Nautilus +. It is a fantastic cleaner for my AGP. It climbs the walls, but does limited cleaning on the waterline. It tries, but those walls are really too steep for it to travel along them for any given time. However he gets the floor sparkling and shows that he is working hard when I clean his filters when complete. Here is a link to a review another TFP member gave on this forum:

https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...erClean-REVIEW
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.