CYA test kit

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi - I want to test my CYA and was going to buy these products below. Do I need anything else or is this ok. I do have the taylor liquid red & yellow tests for PH and Chlorine. Are these ok?

Also, I was quite confused how you actually test it with the black dot??

And lastly, can stabilizer go bad? About 3 years ago I bought some stabilizer & conditioner and have been keeping it exclusively in my shed. This year my chlorine is almost always low. It hasn't even been hot yet in the northeast. Maybe I didn't add enough but I was wondering if it can go bad

View attachment 49582

If you have been keeping the test kit in your shed and it has been exposed to freezing conditions you need to replace it, Ooops misread if you are keeping stabilizer in your shed it is fine, only the test kit needs to be kept climate controlled. I suggest buying test kit supplies from TF-Testkits, it helps support this site and you know what you are buying is fresh and has not sat in some non-climate controlled warehouse like it might buying from some big retailer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.