Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA test kit

Hi - I want to test my CYA and was going to buy these products below. Do I need anything else or is this ok. I do have the taylor liquid red & yellow tests for PH and Chlorine. Are these ok?

Also, I was quite confused how you actually test it with the black dot??

And lastly, can stabilizer go bad? About 3 years ago I bought some stabilizer & conditioner and have been keeping it exclusively in my shed. This year my chlorine is almost always low. It hasn't even been hot yet in the northeast. Maybe I didn't add enough but I was wondering if it can go bad

Attachment 49582
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: CYA test kit

If I'm reading that correctly, that is only the dispensing tube and the test tube. You'll need the R-0013 too.

Here are the extended CYA test instructions, see if this helps: Pool School - CYA

e: And here's everything you would need from TFTestKits.net TFTestkits.net
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have been keeping the test kit in your shed and it has been exposed to freezing conditions you need to replace it, Ooops misread if you are keeping stabilizer in your shed it is fine, only the test kit needs to be kept climate controlled. I suggest buying test kit supplies from TF-Testkits, it helps support this site and you know what you are buying is fresh and has not sat in some non-climate controlled warehouse like it might buying from some big retailer.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I am buying this from TF TestKits...

TFTestkits.net

****** As an aside can the granular stabilizer go bad in a shed exposed to 100 degree temps and then 10 degree temps in the winter??? I've had it for 3 years, is it time to buy new stabilizer?
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110