Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So, I had purchased a kit thinking it was what I needed. Now I know better. Not only do the colors not really align to the samples, but it doesn't have what is needed to utilize the TFP method.

My question is: I live in Massachusetts, and people have said to buy new chemicals for testing every year.. do i buy the TF100 or the 50?
Or do I buy the 100, and can use the tests more than one year?

Ever since my pump motor died last week I can not keep the chlorine level up(@.6). The test kit I have shows an odd coloring with the PH(either between low& ideal- or super off the charts not sure which), and the alkalinity test shows at 80. Figure I need the TFP testing kits sooner then later.
Thanks

While you are waiting for the kit and for your pump to be repaired I would add 1 gallon of bleach every day and brush to get the chlorine as distributed as you can. It may not fix any problems you may have developed but should keep things from getting too much worse until you can test and come up with a plan.

You should be able to get 2 pool seasons worth of testing out of the TF-100, as the Taylor reagents are good for 24 months from the date of manufacture and TF-Testkits goes through enough that they always have very fresh reagents on hand going into their kits. In addition to date TF-Testkits has offered a spring special deal on TF-100 refills in about March, so it you time it right, buy a TF-100 now, then if you don't run out of any of the reagents, you can last through this pool season and the next before getting refills in the spring and lasting through 2 more. This assumes you store your test kit in a cool dark place, and don't ever expose it to freezing temperatures.

Ike

p.s. I suggest going for the XL option if you may be looking at a potential SLAM it is only a few dollars more, also if you want to splurge get the SpeedStir, no one has ever regretted buying one or at least has never said so on here

Awesome. Thanks! Will get the 100 today.
As for the motor, I have already replaced it, and it is back up and running. It was only down for 2 days. I had poured in a gallon of bleach each day and tried to move the water around as well. (I read an old post here where someone suggested that)
Just thinking i need some sort of stabilizer? But will know more after I test with the 100��

I definitely don't regret the speed stir. Being able to just set it down on the table running and focus on adding drops correctly is huge. :)

As for stabilizer, yes, hold off until we can get a full set of test numbers from you. You don't want to end up over-stabilizing the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.