Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing slide - How to keep water clear?

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing slide - How to keep water clear?

We are finally getting ready to install the TurboTwister slide that has been sitting, assembled, beside our pool for months. The plumbing is in place with a capped pipe exiting the concrete pool deck where the slide is to be placed. This pipe is about 20' or less from the equipment where the line is controlled with an actuator.

My question is how to do the installation to minimize old standing water from inside the pipe from getting in the pool and messing up my chemistry. Or, if that is not possible, how to minimize negative effects to my chemistry if this water does get in the pool. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing slide - How to keep water clear?

Picture please..... I have an idea but need to make sure I am on the right track.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm sure that little bit of water would be no harm but if you must, turn valve off, cut off cap, temporarily slip on elbow to direct water away from pool, turn valve on and let it run until old water is out. Then turn valve off and proceed with installation.
    Kris
    14x26 rectangle vinyl liner pool . 1.5 hp 2 speed tri star pump, 2 aqua genie skimmers , no main drain. 175 sq ft star clear cartridge filter. 200,000 btu hayward heater Tf-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the replies. I'll take a picture if I get a moment, but the recommendation above seems like just what I was looking for. Thanks!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!