How much vacuum hose do I need?

Nov 14, 2015
Chicagoland, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How do I determine how much vacuum hose I need? I have an L shaped pool, that's 38' on the longest side. We'll be doing a manual vacuum for now, I guess I'm going to go with something like on of those flat vacuum heads with wheels.

If manually vaccuuming, you only need enough to reach from your skimmer (assuming that's your attachment point) to the farthest point in the pool from there. If you have multiple skimmers and don't mind moving the hose, that would decrease the length needed. If you go to a suction side pool cleaner, you'll need a hose long enough to reach from where you attach it to the farthest point from there in the pool. Many times in this case it's planned as part of the build with a dedicated suction line near the center of the pool on the wall with a booster pump to run the cleaner.

Very helpful, thank you. Eventually we hope to get our in-floor system up and running, but a manual vacuum will do for now. We have 3 skimmers to which we could attach, so moving around the pool with the hose is doable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.