Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Add lights to inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Add lights to inground pool

Hi guys,

Just purchased a new home with in ground pool. The previous owners had the liner replaced two years ago and apparently had an issue with the existing light, it was a niche light under the diving board lighting up the pool with a 500w bulb. Instead of fixing it, they just decided to condemn it and have the liner cover it...! Now I have a beautiful 15 x 32 pool with no lights...! what are my options and what am I looking at in terms of cost to have one put back in place. Apparently the wiring is still there.

10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Add lights to inground pool

they cut holes in liners all the time and install lights, how hard and if you can DIY it I am unsure... see how much a company will do it for you and ask if its ok if you buy the light..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **