Laars LX gas heater

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Hello,

My heater is acting up. Up to Saturday it was working, but now it not allowing me to change the temperature up. I can lower, but not increase the temperature not even to where the current water temperature is. I have tried unplugging the unit, wait and tried again, but did nothing. Its control is on the display, it doe not control anything other than the pool, and it is probably about 10 years old or more. When we moved into the house the unit was already there and we have been here for 9 years.

Any ideas, suggestions, and questions are welcome. Thanks.

Miriam

Assuming your control/display is electronic, that's the first thing that I would suspect. Whenever a device suddenly stops working, it is usually due to something electronic in nature. Mechanical devices/parts usually give warning signs, such as diminished performance, before they completely fail.

That's what i think too. I have contacted the manufacturer and the best they could offer was contact information for local service people. I am trying to just find out what part I need so I can replace it. I guess I will have to call the service people. Thank you for the info, nonetheless.

It seems that the display is bad and we checked yesterday to get one. So, it is not an easy to find part because the unit is older and it costs over $800. I am not sure if there is anything we can do to try and fix the current display itself. Anyone? Also, how about some ideas as to where I can get parts at a reasonable cost for an older heater unit. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.