Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner to Get???

1. Back To Top    #1

Which Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner to Get???

I'm in the market for a automatic inground pool cleaner and was wondering which one to buy..I was looking at the Baracuda G3 and the new Baracuda X7 Quattro..Can anyone help me on which one I should get....I also thought about the Kreepy Krauly..Any help an making up my mine in which one to get would be a great help..Thanks...
    18,000 Gallon IG, Gunite, Cartridge filters
    Rainbow 320 Chlorine feeder (not in use anymore), 2.0HP Pentair WhisperFlo
    Legend Platinum Hummer Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Which Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner to Get???

To get the best advice, you need to include information about your pool and filter.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Choice magazine did an article on current automatic pool cleaners and highly recommended the G2, therefore the G3 is a good choice.
    In saying that the X7 was not available at the time of the article's release.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the G3. I works great. It slowly creeps around does the floor, and the walls. You need to keep an eye on it because it will sometimes get stuck on the main drain.
    25,000 gallon....36x18....inground vinyl....hayward 1 1/2 h.p. pump.....pentair de filter

5. Back To Top    #5

De Pere, WI

I have a G3 and an Aquabot Bravo. They both have their pluses and minuses. The Aquabot is easier to get going. You just plug it in, put it in the water, and turn it on but then you have to clean out the filter bag. You don't need the filter running and the power consumed by its transformer is less costly than the pump. It can also pick up leaves and larger stuff and completes the cycle in 1 1/2 hours. The G3 takes awhile to hook up and attach to the skimmer. Then you have to get all of the air out of the hoses and get the pump to prime. Once that's done it works pretty good but takes forever, maybe 8 hours or more. It does get stuck by steps and corners sometimes. It will get plugged if it tries to pick up leaves and sticks. There is no filter bag to empty when done but you do need to take out the head and hoses and maybe need to backwash. The Aquabot will need repairs, maybe every 2 years or so, so it is more expensive. It's nice to have the G3 when the Aquabot is out of service. All in all I like the Aquabot the best.
    18 x 38 28800 gals gunite inground;Purex Triton High Rate Sand Filter;1 HP 2 Speed Hayward Tristar Pump; Raypak Heater
    Aquabot Bravo; Goldline Aqua Logic Controller/SWG