Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing top rails and Top support

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing top rails and Top support

After uncovering pool I have bad rust problem on top rails and top support ring. Can these be changed out with the pool full if I only do 1 or 2 at a time?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing top rails and Top support

No. You are at risk that the pool will collapse and you are putting yourself or others in harms way doing so.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm going to say it depends. You might be able to do it but after you pull one out you run the risk of not being able to get the replacement back in because the pool shifted. So i would recommend against it even if the pool has a design that would allow you to do this.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

so how much should I drain out to do this?

5. Back To Top    #5

Because I don't know your pool I don't know. But 3/4 would be the minimum. That top cord is one of the most important engineering features of the pool. So if it has problems I would fix it. Depending on your pool design once the water starts climbing the sides of the pool it starts exerting considerable outward force so even a relatively small amount of water in the pool can affect the top rail or cord.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

It is a seaspray allure it is not even half full right now

7. Back To Top    #7

will that be low enough

8. Back To Top    #8

anybody know how full I can have pool to take off this support ring at top?

9. Back To Top    #9

Call the manufacture.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.