Where can I get the TF-100 in Canada?

Re: Best place to buy TF100 test kit?

Sorry you can't The TF-100 uses Taylor brand reagents, and Taylor has given the exclusive distribution rights in Canada to one company, the closest you can do is get the Taylor K-2006C, however it too is VERY pricey in Canada thanks to that exclusive distributor thing. Alternatively you may be able to get the TF-100 delivered to one of those mail boxes places just across the U.S. border and pick it up there.

p.s. just looked at a map, that border pick up may not be a great option, unless you happen to know someone travelling to the US that could bring it back for you

I'm originally from Canada (grew up in Prince George) and you're in the same boat as me here in Australia - higher test kit prices.

That said, I spent $350 on test kit and reagents for 2 years and never looked back. I've almost saved back the money vs. what I would have spent relying on "traditional" pool methods, in just five months. I made a couple mistakes over-ordering, and could have done it for $300. I bought from PoolVacParts.com in the USA and they shipped it to me. Not sure if they ship to Canada. I don't know the price from Taylor's distributor in Canada.

If you order Taylor, get the 2006C because it has enough reagents to get you through a couple (maybe 3) seasons and a SLAM if you need it. If your pool is green now, add an extra bottle of 10 grams R-0870 Chlorine detection powder and an extra 60 ml (2 oz) bottle of R-0871 FAS-DPD titrating reagent. I would also add an extra 60 ml bottle of R-0013 cyanuric acid (CYA) reagent. Getting the reagents now will save on shipping later. In my case I also bought a large bottle of CYA reagent and salt test kit for my saltwater pool.

If it's a smaller or temporary pool that you can economically drain, take a look at Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

You can check this post for a couple of possibilities: Test kits in Canada . Also, the distributor for Canada is Lowry & Associates. You could contact them. They supply to a number of pool companies, and when I asked at one near me, they said they could order it for me. I replaced all my reagents this winter through TFtestKits, as we were traveling through North Carolina anyway. Awesome company!

Are there any kits that just as good other there for us Canadians? Thanks

You can check this post for a couple of possibilities: Test kits in Canada . Also, the distributor for Canada is Lowry & Associates. You could contact them. They supply to a number of pool companies, and when I asked at one near me, they said they could order it for me. I replaced all my reagents this winter through TFtestKits, as we were traveling through North Carolina anyway. Awesome company!

The Taylor K-2006 is the only full kit with the FAS-DPD chlorine test, which is needed for Trouble Free Pool Care. Here is Lowry's order form:

Attachments

• LowryCanadaResidentialOrderForm2016.pdf
    184.2 KB · Views: 145
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.