Cleaner booster not working in auto mode

Oct 28, 2015
Dudley, Ga
We have a Kreepy Krauly Legend pressure side cleaner run by a booster pump. The booster is wired to Aux1 on our Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel. Last week, something caused the wheels to wind up out of alignment and freeze, a problem my husband solved by taking the cleaner apart, realigning and then putting back together. Here is my question: since the issue arose, when I try to run the cleaner in "auto" mode via a schedule or if I manually turn on the pump in "Auto" mode, when I push the Aux1 button, it blinks and reads DEL on the LCD in the space next to the air temp. The booster doesn't turn on. I can, however, run the booster pump and therefore, the cleaner, in both Service and Timeout modes. While I'm thankful for the workaround, I'd like to know what's wrong and how to fix it. The Pentair user manual has been of no help, nor have google searches. Wondering if any of you have had this issue or have any insight?

28,000gal IG vinyl, Pentair IC40 SWG, PentairSand Dollar 40 filter, Pentair 1.5 hp pump, Pentair 3/4 hp booster for Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend. Using Taylor K2005 test kit with additional Taylor FAS/DPD and Taylor Salt test kit. Following TFP maintenance. Pool built in 2013 by previous owner. Owner since 11/15, pool care newbie.

Izzy,

I see no direct connection between the Kreepy Krauler issue and the failure of the EasyTouch to turn on the booster. The first thing I would try is to push the reset button on the EasyTouch main panel, right below the aux 6 button. Not sure what the "Del" means?? Delay maybe? My understanding is that there often a built in delay of 5 minutes to ensure the main pump is on before the booster comes on. (I have a robot, so I am not too familiar with booster pumps..)

I assume the main pump is on when you push the Aux1 button..

Jim R.

Thank you, Jimrahbe. Delay was it! Unsure how/when that started, but when I manually cancelled the delay, the booster kicked on. And yes, main pump running. I should have clarified that in the OP. Thanks for your help!

28,000gal IG vinyl, Pentair IC40 SWG, PentairSand Dollar 40 filter, Pentair 1.5 hp pump, Pentair 3/4 hp booster for Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend. Using Taylor K2005 test kit with additional Taylor FAS/DPD and Taylor Salt test kit. Following TFP maintenance. Pool built in 2013 by previous owner. Owner since 11/15, pool care newbie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.