New to pool care, need help ;)

You will want to start over with a cya of 30 so drain enough so you are left with cya of 30. After your refill test and adjust ph to 7.2. The slam will go quickly with the new water.

When testing fc use the 10 ml sample to save on reagent, one full scoop of fas dpd powder and divide the drops by 2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So the CYA level was 50. Better than 100, but I know it has been said 30 would be best. But I would like to move forward, I know I just have to use more chlorine. PH was 7.2 and FC was 0.5. I wanted to plug the numbers into the pool calculator but I'm confused on the weight % of the chlorine. I'm using standard Clorox Bleach you buy for the laundry. It says "yields 7.9% available chlorine", is that the weight % I put in the calculator?

Also, I just have a skimmer in my pool. How can I make sure I get adequate circulation for SLAMing? Tips?

As always, thanks for all your help and time!

50 will be fine. You will want your CYA at 50 after the SLAM anyway. That is most likely 8.25% bleach. Your pool returns should be circulating the water just fine. Also, brushing daily helps a lot to expose algae to chlorine and to circulate the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.