How to add DE without skimmer

Put it in and old sock, like a tube sock and tie that to a pool noodle. But you want enough water so that sock isn't resting on the bottom.
No, don't do that. That's for CYA.

If you can isolate the main drain so you can actually pump and filter, and it's not too late, just wade in when the water's less than a foot deep and gently add DE to the drain. Maybe mix it up as a slurry in a bucket so you can aim it at the drain accurately. You don't want it spreading out in the pool.

No, don't do that. That's for CYA.

If you can isolate the main drain so you can actually pump and filter, and it's not too late, just wade in when the water's less than a foot deep and gently add DE to the drain. Maybe mix it up as a slurry in a bucket so you can aim it at the drain accurately. You don't want it spreading out in the pool.
About 4 feet [emoji20] My thought is small batches in the pump basket?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

About 4 feet [emoji20] My thought is small batches in the pump basket?

You'll just be sucking air before you can react. I think you'll just have to wait.

You could prefilter the water going in to get some rust by packing a bucket full of polyester batting and setting the hose it at the bottom so it all has to percolate up through the layers to overflow into the pool.

9f4001ac378e9714f9184828f905081e.jpg
[emoji2]

93e95577e3ae82eff432e59ae47fede5.jpg

OK got a bit nutty. Put a quart of DE in the bottle. Filled with water to make a slurry. Hopped in pool. Swam down to drain. Squeezed bottle directly on top of drain. Rinse and repeat. [emoji2]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.