Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultraframe and cement slab

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Intex Ultraframe and cement slab

I am hoping either someone has had this issue and can offer some advise, tips , solutions... please!
    We have a 18' Intex Ultraframe pool that worked perfectly last summer..... well, we moved and so I went to install the pool yesterday on the concrete slab there. Everything was going great until water was filling and I noticed that by the time it got to the filter intakes that the waterline was 4" lower on one side. Apparently there is a grade in the cement that you don't even notice!!.... until you install a pool and fill with water. So... now what do I do? Can it still be used? pool looks absolutely normal.... if it wasn't for the internal waterline ..... or what plan of action to take? thank you in advance.... I am pretty bummed out and feel defeated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Miami, FL

Re: Intex Ultraframe and cement slab

4" It's to risky, don't used, I think you need to drain... Sorry, but there is a solution for that..

You can raise that level making a frame using 2x4, and leveling with sand, there was a post about the same thing not long ago..

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Intex Ultraframe and cement slab

It needs to be level within 1" side to side. Anything else is very risky.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40