TF-100 First time results. Now what?

pH is 7.8 and did TA again. TA is reading 250 now. Pfew much better

Looks like I should add acid but pool math does not show how much
Sure it does!

First you need to input the pool volume. I doubt your pool is filled to the very top, so call it 4'. Down at the bottom, it says a 16x 32 oval 4' deep holds 13700 gallons. Put that in as your volume. Plug in 7.8 as pH and target 7.3 (Leave some room for error in case the pool is even smaller than 13,700) and then enter the now TA. 61 fluid ounces of 31% acid to lower pH.

As a side benefit... Effects of Adding Chemicals says that 61 ounces of acid will lower TA by 17.

It'll all make sense soon once you start doing it. A lightbulb will go off above your head and you'll understand.

I noticed more of the TA acid adding instructions in the PH section which said to add 32 oz based on my calculations.....so that's what I did.

since my cya seemed kind of low, in about an hour, I'm adding more stabilizer too and keeping an eye since that dreaded puck is already gone (good). I have everything I need on hand, including you guys just in case.

hope I've covered it all

pH from 7.2 to 7.8 is ok. Depending on what you are using to add FC, you might just leave the pH alone and enjoy the pool. Pucks will lower pH over time. If you have any aeration (waterfalls, returns causing disturbance at the surface, etc) it will raise pH. 7.8 is just a little uncomfortable on my eyes. I swam yesterday and the pH was 7.4 - I opened my eyes underwater frequently and it doesn't burn at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.