Burlington, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have an automatic timer that turns on all my equipment. Currently, I have it set to turn on at 8am and off at 8pm. This leaves a 12 hour window during the nighttime hours where the pool water is dormant. I'd rather not run the equipment for more than 12 hours (unless I have to). What are people's thoughts on breaking up those 12 hours into two (or more) different increments... e.g. 12pm-6pm; 12am-6am. Does the sunlight (or heat of the daylight hours) do anything to the pool water wherein I should keep my equipment running, and water moving?

No, not really. Lots of folks split the run into two times to keep debris better skimmed. A few hours AM and a few hours PM. There is some thought that running will cool the water and running during the day will warm it.

I used to split my run time to an hour midday to keep the FC mixed well and the rest so it would have an hour to mix before I got home to test and dose it. The reasoning being that the UV destruction happens worse at the top; hardly any UV reaches the bottom. I cut out the midday run during the winter one year and never resumed. I manage just fine on 3 hours/ day plus whatever extra it gets when I'm vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.