I have been reading as much as I can on here and I will be doing the traditional startup method listed on the site.
Your builder will normally take care of the first five steps and then turn it over to you.
- Check all equipment and make sure it's functional.
- Circulate the water, add sequestrant. Run pump 24 hours a day for first week.
- Watch the filter pressure and clean the filter as soon as it rises 20% to 25% over the starting pressure and right after vacuuming. The plaster dust might clog the filter quickly so keep an eye on it and clean the filter as needed.
- After the first 48 hours vacuum daily before brushing using a vacuum head with brushes (such as used in vinyl pools) instead of wheels to prevent marring the plaster. Clean filter after vacuuming.
- After 72 hours add the CYA and then the chlorine SLOWLY to gradually bring it to the desired level.
- Continue to brush, vacuum, test water balance, and clean the filter for one to two weeks, or 3 days after you see no plaster dust coming off when you brush.
In trying to understand all the ins and outs of this procedue, I ran across something that does not make sense to me. My question is why can I not use my Dolphin cleaner for the first 3 weeks? I would think this is better than vacuumin, as I would think the Dolphin would be a better choice to clean than me who is new to this trying to vacuum it.
Also as I mentioned I am new at this and trying to understand what is the most important things to pay attention, I know there is alot but if you were brand new to this, what would be the primary things to watch for/etc....
Thanks again for any and all help.