questions about water level intex 12x30 metal frame pool

jered

May 20, 2016
marietta, ny
so the problem is that after a couple of days of the kids splashing in the pool the water level drops to right on or below the inflow valve on the pools side (the higher one of the three). our well cannot sustain topping off the pool when this happens. the well is already dry from normal household use and topping the pool off twice (approx 150 gallons each time) we had water delivered to fill the pool when it was first installed. having the water guy come once a week really isn't an option as it is extremely cost prohibitive. I know the water level has to be above the inflow valve. any ideas on what I should do? can I cap off the inflow valve and use the second outflow valve as the inflow? I can deal with having to get water delivered when it reaches that low but I simply can't afford to put 200 gallons a week into it as the delivery is the same price as if it were 1000 gallons. drilling the well deeper isn't an option either. we rent and I don't think the landlords want to deal with that expense. any advice would be greatly appreciated! I know it would break the kids hearts if I had to take down the pool!

It's been a few years since I installed an Intex pool, but I though the lower hole was supposed to go to the pump and the higher one was for the return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.