Numbers good enough?

Waggy

Mar 12, 2016
Cyprus
So, my CYA was at 320 due to 2 years of using puks and not having a decent test kit, and CA was at 400ish. Think it was more by luck than judgement that i didn't get an algae bloom before i did lol.

A couple of weeks ago i virtually emptied the pool and filled with tap water, i had to use puks for the 2 weeks i had to wait for CalHypo granules, because its difficult to source liquid chlorine/bleach here, i'm having to go down this route.

Anyway, here are my new figures,

FC 5.5
CC 0.05
pH 7.6
CA 80
TA 80
CYA 76

the CYA has risen due to 3 puks! but will lower this now with regular backwashing.

Poolmath says i should be at FC of 9ppm, is this the case even if my CC's are so low? i do realise my CA is going to rise over the summer, but its quite cheap here to replenish, i'm waiting for a guy to get back to me about some 12-14% liquid chlorine, but think i will have to buy bulk to get some, until then its calhypo.

According to PoolMath, you'd only need a little over 3 gallons to get to 9ppm. Yeah, that's a lot but better than pucks.

And yes, your target is 9 with a minimum of 6 until you can get your CYA down.

Thanks for the reply, i've stopped using puks and have started with calhypo granules, my hardnes is quite low, so should be ok there, will add a bit more and get to that figure of 9, will keep on with my search for 5% or higher bleach, i should find out about the 12% stuff soon but they only supply dairy farms. I may have to get one of the locals involved, stuff like this won't come cheap here!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.