Cream Ridge N.J.
test results FC .32
TC 2.58
CC 2.56
ph 7.3
Ch 166ppm
TA 69ppm
CYA 21 ppm

Have chlorinator for 3 in tabs and 10 gallons of pool chlorine ready to go. Where do I start? adjusting CH and TA first Do I add CYA before shock( slam) Should I start with 5 or ten gallons . Kid at pool shop helpful but not knowledgeable. Have used 15 gallons of chlorine with little effect. Its 80 degrees and water about 68. Hayward sand filter

Welcome to TFP!

Don't worry at all about CH or TA. Your pH is okay.

Assuming your numbers are correct, and that's a big stretch with pool store results, you need to nudge your CYA up a little bit. Using Pool Math you can calculate how much CYA needs to be added to get to about 35ppm for starters.

Without knowing the volume of your pool, we can't tell you how much chlorine you will need. Pool Math will help you with that calculation as well. Use [FC/CYA]The Chlorine/CYA chart[/FC/CYA] to get your shock level, the follow the instructions in Defeating Algae to clear the pool. The key point to take away from the article is the hourly testing and dosing of chlorine and the importance of never letting chlorine fall near 0ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.