Water Chemistry feedback

Good morning all!
So this is my first post. I was able to successfully open the new to me pool, I'm a first time pool owner, with the help of these forums. Im waiting on my taylor test kit to arrive so I stopped by the pool store to have a sample checked. I thought I could smell chlorine when i was vacuuming yesterday so I thought it might be a good time to check the chemistry. Here are my results from the store.
Salt - 4200ppm
FC 5.19ppm
TC 5.93ppm
CC 0.74ppm
pH 7.7
Hardness 117ppm
Alkalinity 84ppm
Cyanuric acid 64ppm
Copper 0.1
Iron 0.3
Phosphate 195 ppb

Just looking for a little feed back on how you think my water is doing.
Anything I should take care of? Water is crystal clear, and the dog is a huge fan of her new toy!

Thanks in advance

Well first of all let's welcome you to TFP! :wave: It's great you have the K-2006 coming. THAT"s what we will want to see results from. You may know already we don't place much faith in store testing. :) But "IF" we were to look at those results as an experiment of sorts, this is what you might hear:
- CC level is a bit elevated meaning there is an abundance of CC trying to get oxidized by the sun. Increasing FC and extra additional sunlight might resolve it, or a SLAM may be required. Hard to tell yet.
- Iron level is right on the border line for requiring metals management. I would watch that one closely. You should be familiar with the TFP Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains page. At some point, if you ever have to SLAM or raise FC quite high, it may cause the metal to react in your water, changing the color or trying to stain the pool in some areas. So watch that closely.
- You copper is low (good) but to have any in there at all means maybe a pool store product (algaecide) was used before perhaps?
- Ignore phosphates

Overall not bad, but if these were your K-2006 results, those are some comments you might hear. I wouldn't do much at this time other than letting the SWG keep the FC at about 5. Once you get your test kit, double-check the CYA first to see if it's truly below 70. 70 is what we recommend for a SWG-pool. Hope that helps. Post some K-2006 results as soon as you can.

Thanks for the feed back. I'll post MY results as soon as I get my kit, prolly around 2 more weeks (shipping from the US to Canada takes a while sometimes. In the mean time I'll keep the FC level around 5 and wait for the water temp to get up. I hate cold water!
Algaecide was put in when I closed it on the recommendation of the pool store. We moved in in October and had a real mess to clean before it got closed. The last more moved out 3 or 4 week before we moved in. Pool off the entire time! Over the winter I found you guys, and thats that!

Ok - well I feel like everything is going good. I finally found my water leak and fixed that {filter leaking into waste while running}
So I finally got my K2006 test kit and here are my findings!
FC-4.2
CC-0.2
TA-80
pH-7.5
Salt-4000
CH-140
CYA - was at 50ppm a few days ago. Used some pool math and added stabilizer I will recheck that next week to verify the concentration.
I confident everything is good - water is beautiful and my wife and dog are enjoying the pool every day!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.