Hayward Sharkvac

Mar 1, 2016
Va Beach, VA
My pool guy gave me a Hayward sharkvac (even tough Aquabot Rapids 4wd was in the contract). I've been using it for two days (before I noticed it was the wrong brand).

It's not very good and between getting it out, plugging it in, dealing with all the cables and extension cords and then having to clean it out quite often (it doesn't even come close to cleaning the whole pool before it stops, it just goes over the same spots again and again) it almost seems worthless. It seems like it might be easier for me to just hook up the manual vacuum and use that. These bots seem like a waste of money, am I missing something here?

My pool guy gave me a Hayward sharkvac (even tough Aquabot Rapids 4wd was in the contract). I've been using it for two days (before I noticed it was the wrong brand).

It's not very good and between getting it out, plugging it in, dealing with all the cables and extension cords and then having to clean it out quite often (it doesn't even come close to cleaning the whole pool before it stops, it just goes over the same spots again and again) it almost seems worthless. It seems like it might be easier for me to just hook up the manual vacuum and use that. These bots seem like a waste of money, am I missing something here?

The sharkvac I'm talking about is the RC9470cub and it's a bit of a pain to clean, imo.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this model or the XL version of this model?

Hi Ryta,
Generally speaking, the Hayward products are good ones. Granted, there may be a bad apple in every bushel no matter the name on the side of it.

If the cleaner doesn't clean the whole pool, I would sugges that maybe it may not be working the way it's supposed to. I recommend to have your pool guy have a look.

Those of us who have a robot, and have battled problems with other types of cleaners, such as suction side ones, pressure side ones and the manual vac...we consider our robots a god-send. A good one will keep your pool spotless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.