Doing My Best

SCon36

Jul 2, 2014
Bedford, KY
Someone posted yesterday on a Buy, Sell, Trade thread on Facebook yesterday about how bad their pool looks. Wanted help. Let's just say all of the replies go against most everything we believe on here. I will say this, more people use bleach than I realize. I've heard "locked up" among other terms. Of course most want them to take a sample to the local pool store. I did my part and told them to buy a good test kit and gave them the link to TFP. We will see how it goes. I just want people to know! I'm two years to the good!

Thanks for the shout out!

The problem I see is that a segment of the population is just looking for a quick fix, including a large number who show up here. The problem is, we can't help them if they don't want to help themselves. I find it funny that they will complain that a $70 test kit is too expensive after they have dropped a couple of hundred on algecide, floculant and clarifier which didn't work.

Keep up the good work, but don't get discouraged if they don't buy in to having to actually work to get a pretty pool.

That is what gets me too. I can see going to the pool store a couple of times because that is what "everyone does". But, how many weeks in a row can you go spend $100+ with poor results before you want to try something else? Especially a $70 test kit and some $3 bleach! :crazy:

I don't guess we can save those that don't want to be saved.

I had a guy come to my work station the other day and flat asked me, what do you do to your pool? How do you open to clear water? I told him everything. I showed him the pool math calculator and everything. Will he buy in? I'm not sure. I told him once he gets going, he can predict what his pool conditions would be.

I don't guess we can save those that don't want to be saved.

For a lot of people, especially acquaintances and friends, it is "pride" that gets the best of them. The idea of having to admit that one has failed at taking care of a swimming pool does not sit well. In reality, good humans like to help other people and their is nothing wrong with asking for help. Getting over this hurdle is a tough one. The forum allows you to work with great people all over the country that you do not even know.

I have friends (now up to 6) that have ordered TF-100 test kits with speed stir's, even though not part of the forum come to me for help. I enjoy it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.