Help identifying a stain

Feb 23, 2015
Fairfax, CA
Hey folks!

I am hoping you all can help me ID a stain. First a little history:

Over the winter a few of our looploc pool anchors became dislodged from the wall during a heavy snowstorm. It didn't seem to let in too much extra debris but when I opened the pool in mid-May I noticed the heavy staining you see in the pictures this was not there at all at the end of the season or during any of the other seasons. The plaster is starting to degrade some but still probably had/has another season to it before it need to be resurfaced (at least in my opinion). The stains and surface are now very rough and seem to be calcium deposits but I am not sure and wanted to ask the forum. If they are indeed calcium, is there anything I can do short of sanding them down, acid washing or resurfacing?

Also, I have tried Vitamin C, so I don't think its a metal stain.

IMG_8057.jpg
IMG_8056.jpg

Thanks in advance!

If you can get some dry acid, try that in a sock.
Sometimes metals and scale will combine. In that case, you eed to release the scale first.

If you want to confirm this is what happened, try the dry acid followed by the vitamin c.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Greetings. Hopefully it's not rude to jump in on someone else's post, but I also have a staining issue. It's been this way for over a year with little to no change. Been TFP compliant for at least a year now. The pattern does follow how I add salt to the pool. I used to use the larger, compressed salt, but have switched to the smaller crystals. Today' readings.

Cl 7.0
pH 7.8
FC 9.5
CC .5
CH 425
TA 80
CYA 58 (up from 35 last weekend)
View attachment 50012View attachment 50013

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.