Candy Lite 2 Bypass

May 27, 2016
Dahlonega, GA
Hey, y'all!

Has anyone ever changed the bypass valve spring on a Jandy Lite 2 LD400? It's the propane version. Care to give me a play by play?

Long story short, we just bought this house... The heater wouldn't work at all but I changed out the ignition control module and had no problems for about a week. Now it is short cycling and knocking a bit. I'm willing to give the bypass valve spring a shot before I shoot the heater. ;-)

The heater is about 8 years old, so I'm not willing to throw too much time or effort at it, but I already have the spring and figure I have little to lose at this point.

Thanks so much!

- - - Updated - - -

...And that'd be a Jandy Lite 2, not a Candy... Fat kid in me came out early this morning. ;-)

Pretty simple but if it is rusted you might have some struggle. There are two bolts that are on the back side of the header, where the water flows in and out. I would suggest that you spray them up with some WD40 or PB Blaster. Let it sit a while and then try to undo them. Just be warned, if you break one off, now you have bigger issues. So be careful. Once you get them out the entire thing pulls out. Good luck.

Yes those two are it.

Great. Thank you! I'm going to tackle this today... But first, we had some wild thunderstorms last night in the beautiful north Georgia mountains. My rain gauge shows 5 inches of rain. Looks like a million pounds of dirt overflowed into the pool. My sparking blue oasis looks more like a frog pond... so the pool robot and I have some work to do today. After that, looks like I have some landscaping to think through.

Oh the joys of home ownership.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.