Concrete fell into pool.. HELP

BrandyB

Gold Supporter
Jul 14, 2013
Garland, TX
We're doing some backyard projects, including building a patio out of concrete... Long story short, my husband ended up in the pool with two bags of concrete, that decided to burst.

We turned off the pump, shoveled out as much as we could find (if you can imagine, the water was automatically cloudy). Now we're running the pool cleaner -we have a "dolphin" so it doesn't require the pool equipment to be on. We've cleaned out the cleaner twice since it happened, and plan to clean it out each hour or so. I've noticed when I'm pulling it out that a cloud is coming out in the water before I can get it out of the water.

We're having a wedding in our backyard on Saturday, and it would be really great if we could get it clean by then...

Other than what we're doing and/or draining and refilling, are there any tips I can use to get the pool back to blue? The particles of concrete seem to be settling, so I know it will eventually come out, but is there something I can add that will bond to the teeny particles and make them large enough to stay in the cleaner's bag? It's really, really good at picking up small particles but I think these might be smaller than normal... Also, should I turn my pump back on? I'm worried about the concrete settling in the pipe of the drain. We have a DE filter.

Wow, I can even imagine how you guys felt when this all happened and now through the aftermath. I am not able to help you with any game plan as far as cleanup, but folks are helping you so you are set there, I just wanted you to know ~ I am sending clear water vibes your way in hopes you get things to your liking in time for the wedding.

If by chance you can't get the sparkle back try not to worry, you would have options ~ floating decor: balloons, lanterns or flowers could be an option and that would keep the eyes out of the water and focused on whatever you had floating. You could whip something up fairly quickly to disguise the unfortunate mishap.

Just wanted you to know you have folks you don't even know hoping things turn out for you. Please keep us posted.

So, thank you for all the advice and kind words. We're looking really good, should have no trouble clearing out by Saturday!!! YAY YAY!!!

Now, I know my PH is going to be off the charts high because of all the concrete. How often is safe to test for adding in more MA? Is 30 minutes long enough, or should I give it an hour or two?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.