I am about to cancel my pool maintenance company and did my first chemical testing tonight which resulted in some concerns
1) When testing for FC, the pink solution never changed to colorless. I was doing the test with 10 mL of water and added 30 drops then tested a second time and added 20 drops and no change in color.
2) CH turned purple and not red when doing the test. I was testing at dusk with a headlamp, but definitely looked more purple than red.
3) What do you do with the tested solution? The manual says not to dump back in the pool.
4) I have 1 gallon of muriatic acid, 1 gallon of bleach, 1 box of borax, PVC gloves and safety glasses. What other chemicals or safety items should I purchase to keep on hand?
5) Any suggestions on a good brush and pole to purchase?
16,000 gallon pool/spa