Ordered pool cleaner without reading description

May 22, 2016
Lincoln Park
Hey guys.

I ordered the intex automatic pool cleaner without reading the description. It hasn't arrived yet and I'd really like to make it work.

Here's the problem. I have a 1.25" outlet jet and it says you need the 1.5" outlet for it. I've seen adapters for the fittings on the outside of the pool, but can't find one to convert the outlet in the pool from 1.25" to 1.5".

Anybody know of anything?

Thanks again
Nick

"outlet jet" is a term with which I'm not familiar. I know "return jet" and "skimmer." (I'm a newbie pool owner, but a retired plumber.

Check plumbing PVC fittings at your hardware store. What connection types do you have for each size (threaded, barbed, socket)?

I just checked and the cleaner hose has the standard Intex hose fitting and an adapter to fit the larger strainer thread in the picture above (though the inner thread, not the outer as I wrote). So if you can screw a regular Intex hose onto yours, you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.