Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Late opening but I have to say thank you

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Late opening but I have to say thank you

I had a late opening this year, just opened (June 5th). I decided to redo my plumping, so it took some time to complete. However, I need to say thank you to all on this forum that helped me out last year. Without your help, I wouldn't have had such a successful opening. All I had to add was a bit of stabilizer and chlorine.

BTW, I found 10% liquid chlorine at Walmart for $2.50 per 128oz. What a steal!

I still need to vacuum the bottom a bit, but the water is 90% clear and PH and TA was stable already. I do have one small leak on my back flow joint, which I'll need to fix. Not sure what happened there, but without further ado, pictures!

20160605_191356.jpg
    20160605_191406.jpg
    Pool Stats: 24" Round Above Ground - Vinyl - 13,500 Gallons | Filter: Hayward Sand S180T | Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix | Testing Kit: TF-100 | Mount Pleasant, Tennessee

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Late opening but I have to say thank you

Sharp looking pool AND a VERY sharp looking aerator. Will you use it to cool the pool this summer??
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good! Nice pool and nice place too!

If the time is right please consider supporting TFP, there are some nice perks.
    More here, CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Sharp looking pool AND a VERY sharp looking aerator. Will you use it to cool the pool this summer??
    Most likely. The weather is already calling for 100+ degree days. The pool is in full sun for around 9 hours, so I'm assuming the water will get up to around 85.

Pool Stats: 24" Round Above Ground - Vinyl - 13,500 Gallons | Filter: Hayward Sand S180T | Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix | Testing Kit: TF-100 | Mount Pleasant, Tennessee

5. Back To Top    #5

So aeration can cool the water in addition to raise the pH?

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes. The act of evaporation cools the water.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Plus it's fun to play in. The ball value also acts as a pressure control. Fully open it reaches to the middle but if I want a small fountain, I can open it half way.

8. Back To Top    #8

It especially cools the water if you run it at night.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Beautiful setup! Thanks for sharing!

If only heating a pool required a pvc with some holes in it....
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100