Thank you

101pro

Jun 5, 2016
Rancho Cordova
It's my first post. I had an algae bloom. It was pretty bad. I shocked the pool with Clorox shock treatment with algaecide. Well this had dichlor in it. My cya went through the roof (250). Could not get the pool clear. Then I found your site. I learned what cya was. Switched to liquid chlorine. Bought the fancy test kit. I let the water evaporate out the pool, I live in Cali with drought restrictions. Draining was not an option. 3 months later, I'm sitting in a crystal clear pool with a cya at 50. Chemicals are perfect. Thank you for all the information. This site saved my pool. Alex

Glad you found us too! :wave: Welcome to TFP!

Good to hear that you took control of your pool. Evaporation should not reduce CYA directly though. It would only concentrate it in the remaining water until it was filled again. Likely there was more going on such as a leak or perhaps a conversion of it to ammonia due to low/no FC levels...

Whatever the case, glad you've reigned in your CYA and learned about our methods. Now go and enjoy that pool!

Consider sticking around to help others and/or become a site supporter yourself to keep the lights on around here. CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.