Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show off your test kit!

1. Back To Top    #1

Show off your test kit!

There was a thread quite a while back that I thought was pretty fun and gave me some ideas (that I haven't followed through on... yet!). I thought I would get one going again.

So here's my test kit set up. It's a stock TF-100 case and reagents but I've rearranged so I can fit my SpeedStir in the box along with the K-1000 test block and reagents, sans blue box... and it closes! I also have an extra calibrated cylinder. One dedicated for chlorine testing, the other for the rest of the tests. I didn't like the bump on the bottom of the standard vials when using the magnetic stir bar. I also laminated a chart with CYA/Chlorine levels for reference. When I receive new bottles of reagent, I write the month/date right on the side so I know how old it is.

I'm sure there are much more extravagant set-ups than mine but thought it was worth seeing what's out there!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Show off your test kit!

Kit plus spares
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

3. Back To Top    #3

I found that a tackle box is the perfect format to fit all the tests+extras.

K2006+Salt+Copper+Iron+Speedstir

Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I had to take that big CYA bottle out of mine, it seemed to leak when on its side
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Pretty much a stock rig for me.

Attachment 35902
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Basic k 2006 and k 1766. Running low on cya and dpd powder of course.

Diamond Pool 20'x40' Lazy L, approx 33,000 gal vinyl liner, Hayward s244T filter, Pentair Intellichlor Ic 40( new May 2016) replaced computer pool cpsc35, inter mastic T40404R, A.O.Smith UST1152 super pump 1.5 hp, Hayward heater, not working or by-passed, Polaris 360

7. Back To Top    #7

I like the Taylor K-2006C box. It has a built in handle, instructions in the lid, and well divided sections. I bought the TF-100 and use the Taylor box.
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pinguy View Post
    I found that a tackle box is the perfect format to fit all the tests+extras.

K2006+Salt+Copper+Iron+Speedstir

Hi there, could you provide a link to where you found it... It looks wonderful... 😊

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

10. Back To Top    #10

Here's mine. I think Pinguy and I may have the same Tackle Box.
    I have all my refills in there, my Salt Test Kit, Sample Bottle, gasket lube and a couple of rags too!

DSCN0630.jpg
    DSCN0629.jpg
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

Found this in Amazon, but I think pinguy tackle box is better

Amazon.com : Flambeau Tackle XL 3 Tray Tackle Box (Black/Dark Gray(Black/Dark Gray, 20x10.25x10.375-Inch) : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports Outdoors

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

12. Back To Top    #12

The corner stone of TFP

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Here's mine. I think Pinguy and I may have the same Tackle Box.
    I have all my refills in there, my Salt Test Kit, Sample Bottle, gasket lube and a couple of rags too!

DSCN0629.jpg

Nice, and it matches my Dolphin!
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

14. Back To Top    #14

It matches my Dolpin too!

Quote Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
    Nice, and it matches my Dolphin!
    - - - Updated - - -

Thats the one I have too. Got mine at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    Found this in Amazon, but I think pinguy tackle box is better

Amazon.com : Flambeau Tackle XL 3 Tray Tackle Box (Black/Dark Gray(Black/Dark Gray, 20x10.25x10.375-Inch) : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports Outdoors

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

15. Back To Top    #15

I'm just going to have to step up my game in the kit department! Would be nice to fit my sample bottle in there... and my ammonia test so I can dazzle folks I occasionally help out in my area with their green pools in the spring. Need to get the dispensing sample bottle too!

I might have to go for the pink version!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

16. Back To Top    #16

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

17. Back To Top    #17

Construction began 5/2016. IGF pool. 41' x 21'. Jandy DEV60, Jandy 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 280 Black Max, Rainbow 320 chlorinator, Jandy JXI 400, Jandy iAqualink, Jandy LED's. 2'x2'x10' rock weeping wall. Dive rock. Tile/Plaster: NPT Silverstone AquaMarine Decking: Stained Stamped Concrete/Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads and abalone. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Fort-Worth-TX

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    Hi there, could you provide a link to where you found it... It looks wonderful... 
    Walmart carries the Plano boxes as well!
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

19. Back To Top    #19

I might have to go for the pink version!
    Me too but of course the pink version is more expensive
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

20. Back To Top    #20

TexasSplash wins! Actually all of the tackle box guys' are awesome. But I love the organization of TxS's. Can you provide specifics on which box that is?
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast