Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help. Need some advice and I think you guys will know the answer

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help. Need some advice and I think you guys will know the answer

I have a few questions, but first can someone tell me what this is called? It is used by my Polaris (pressure side cleaner) and is also is the pool fill line when I need it. Normally there is a small filter in it.

Second, do I need to have it removable? Or can I just take the filter out like it is now, seal it with the blue putty sealant (i know thats not the name of the stuff) and move on?

I will be back with my pool readings this week and more questions, I promise. Really looking forward to SLAMing with everyone and making my pool maintenance less frustrating.

IMG_8740.jpg

Thanks
    34,000+ gallons, Vinyl free forming pool; Hayward 24 inch Sand Filter (Model S244T); Hayward 1.5 HP 1 Speed (Model SP2610X15), Jandy Pro Series Gas Heater (Model LRZ400EN), New York

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help. Need some advice and I think you guys will know the answer

It's called an energy filter and usually comes with the Zodiac Ray Vac.

What model of Polaris do you have?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    It's called an energy filter and usually comes with the Zodiac Ray Vac.

What model of Polaris do you have?
    I have a Polaris 360. this is the first year it has leaked (I have owned my pool for 8 years).

Thanks
    34,000+ gallons, Vinyl free forming pool; Hayward 24 inch Sand Filter (Model S244T); Hayward 1.5 HP 1 Speed (Model SP2610X15), Jandy Pro Series Gas Heater (Model LRZ400EN), New York

4. Back To Top    #4

I would remove the energy filter and put the line after the sand filter with a Jandy NeverLube three way valve to control the flow to the returns or Polaris.

5. Back To Top    #5

The line has a valve to close it when its not being used by the polaris or add water to the pool (its also the fill line). Where exactly would you add that this system (see picture) without losing the pool fill line? If I cant fix it by just replacing cylinder, then I will consider your recommendation.

At this point, I have no intention of changing the PVC piping and changing/replacing valves as long as I can get it working properly.

Appreciate the advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

If it's just a leak, you probably just need a new O-ring and some silicone lube.