Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex plunger valve question

1. Back To Top    #1

Lincoln Park

Intex plunger valve question

Does anybody know if the Intex plunger valves will work on an oval frame (blow up ring) pool? The connection looks like it would screw on, but my pool in/outlets use a clamp style to hold the hoses on. I have the upgraded 2500 GPH pump and the adapters for it. If it doesn't fit out of the box is there an easy mod or another kind of adapter?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Intex plunger valve question

Sorry about the slow response. I do not know anything about the Intex hardware/connections, but there are many members who should be able to help.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Peoria, IL

Perhaps these adapters would work? I think your pool has 1.25 in hoses and the plunger valves use 1.5 in hoses, so even if there are threads on your inlet/outlet, I don't think the plunger valves would screw onto them because they're too big. Can you post a picture of them?
    Intex 18ft x 52in Ultra Frame Pool, hard plumbed w/skimmer and fountain
    Intex 4000 gph cartridge filter pump
    Intex SWG

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

I can't help, but just wanted to add that Intex has apparently recently changed to a new style twist valve from the push / pull plunger valve.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~