Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened Pool to find a Lose Liner. I wonder what caused that? Any ideas?

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened Pool to find a Lose Liner. I wonder what caused that? Any ideas?

We suspect we took the water level too low causing the liner to contract and pop out in places. Not sure if that is the case or not cause it happened mainly just in the deep end.
    Our first year we let an experienced pro close the pool and they kept the water level just a few inches below the skimmer basket and we had no issues at opening.
    Just curious what other's may suspect happened here?
    If not the lower water level, might age alone have some effect on the liner and liner lock?
    Thanks. Just curious.
    Last edited by Bevly; 06-05-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: need to edit pic
    In ground, oval shape, 18'X36',23,800 gal., vinyl liner, 1.5HP Hayward,super pump, Hayward tank/ sand filter/ TFP 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Opened Pool to find a Lose Liner. I wonder what caused that? Any ideas?

liner's tend to come out over winter, not sure why, hot water and a hot day will allow it to be stretched back in and liner lock put back in..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Opened Pool to find a Lose Liner. I wonder what caused that? Any ideas?

I've had a few spots pop out over winter.
    My guess is there is some moisture/debris in the track that freezes and pushes it out.
    Depending how far it has dropped it is easier to get it back in with the water level low.
    I use a hair dryer, good set of knee pads and prepare to burn the front of your knuckles off
    30k in ground vinyl lined pool surrounded by decking in the woods.
    Hayward sand filter circa mid 80's
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears