Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will an intex pool pump work with a coleman pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Will an intex pool pump work with a coleman pool?

Hello, I am a very new pool owner. I bought a coleman 18ft steel frame pool. The pump went out on it, and I cannot seem to find a replacement anywhere. I can however, find plenty of above ground pumps made by intex. So I'm wondering if I buy one of these intex pumps, would I be able to use it on my coleman pool? I'm really new to the pool world, and very uninformed, so if there is anyone out there who can help me find this out, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Will an intex pool pump work with a coleman pool?

Yes, it should work fine. Many of the Intex/Coleman brand items mix well together.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Will an intex pool pump work with a coleman pool?

Hayward and Pentair make good pumps.....typically better than intex. You don't say how many gallons is your pool but I suspect a 3/4 HP pentair or Hayward would be a majore improvement. The tendency is to get one too big. Tell us how many gallons and we'll suggest a size.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School