Scheduling pump

Rsmith

Apr 29, 2016
Central Md.
I would like to take advantage of my variable speed pump and the built in timer. As I have mentioned in earlier posts my PB has pretty much abandoned us with our project so I need a little help. I downloaded the manual for the pump and now reach out to the experts as to the settings. It is a 4 speed pump. It has been running 24/7 on speed 3 for 6 weeks. Water chemistry is great. What would be the optimal setting for this? Do I just run it for a while during the day and leave it off at night or run speed 1 overnight and speed 2 or 3 during the day?

The answer is you run your pump as much as you need to keep the pool clean. Don't overthink it. Just start with what makes sense to you and then styart cutting it back until the pool isn't clean enough for you. You will have found your optimum.

I run my pump at 1100 rpm (150w) for making chlorine, skimming and filtering. I got to 1100 rpm by starting at 900 rpm and getting low flow errors, moved it to 1000 rpm and got low flow errors as the filter got dirtier, so I moved it to 1100 and got no low flow errors. I run it at 1100 sun up to sunset in spring and fall so that solar can turn on when heat is available. I run it 1100 rpm at night during the summer to cool the pool. I run it 24x7 spring and fall for max skimming when trees are dropping stuff. I run it at 2100 for solar, I used to run it at 1950 but 2100 heats the pool better. I run it at 2500 to the bottom drain when brushing.

The point of all that is to illustrate the value of experimenting with different speeds and different times for different events to find what works for your pool.

I would run it 2-3 hours AM and PM at something lower than 1500 rpm for skimming and filtering to start. Find a speed that works well for the heater, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.