Slamming

Yes, you will need an FAS-DPD test to accurately measure FC that high, which is included with the TF-100. I would recommend the XL option since you will need about 80 drops each time you test to measure that high.

The standard holding pattern advice is 1 gallon of LC per day until the kit arrives. This will help keep things from getting much worse while you wait. That is assuming you are not running your SWG.

Make sure you understand the SLAM procedures correctly before you start. The biggest problem people have is not understanding the specifics or stopping too early. It can seem daunting but you will get the hang of it quickly.

should I just turn SWG off or not add LC.I was reading alot about the slamming and may know the answer but just wanted to be sure.I should turn off SWG correct and not turn on until slam in done right.The correct way to turn off SWG is by the slide switch,Do I have to unplug cord from lower right corner of the box and unplug phone cord.Very sorry if this sounds stupid but I do not want to make more headaches for myself

ok I have my new TF-100 test kit and did my readings and here they are.I am going to start slamming pool on Sunday but need to use my pool on Saturday for a bunch of Girl Scouts.What can or should i do.My water is cloudy.No visible signs of algae.My salt system is off.Thank you in advance

PH--------7.5
TA-------------100PPM
CH-----------------------150 PPM
CYA--------------------------------55-60

FC--2
CC---.5
TC------2.5

If you can't see the bottom of the deep end then I would absolutely not be letting anybody swim, much less children.

I wouldn't wait to start the SLAM, it is perfectly safe to swim up to SLAM level. In fact SLAM level is comparable to an indoor public pool with 2 ppm FC, so it will barely be noticeable that your chlorine level is high. If you start it now you might get it cleared up enough by Saturday to consider it presentable. Drop your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to 24 and start the process. On Saturday you can let the FC drop naturally and it will be just fine for swimming, then bring it back up after everyone leaves. Trust me, unless someone brings a test kit they won't have a clue that the FC level is over 20. CYA is a very powerful buffer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i started slamming and last night FC was 35 at 10 pm and this morning at 8;30 FC was at 22.Added more chlorine as per pool math.Pool water is still about the same cloudy color,Just a question could the cloudy color be coming from anything else besides algae.

Is the CYA 90-100 or 55-60?

The difference is 35 FC versus 24 FC to SLAM. That could turn out to be a significant amount of bleach and $$$ when the sun starts beating on the pool.

Cloudiness is almost always dead bleached algae. A vinyl pool won't ever have plaster dust from crumbling plaster, so it's a safe bet your cloudiness is just algae.

last night

FC---22 CC---1 TC----23

CH---150

CYA---50

TA===120

Added liquid chlorine as per pool math.This morning

FC--16 CC--0 RC--16

CYA---60

PH--7.3

Will be adding 2plus gallons of liquid chlorine.I do not see any improvement in cloudyness. Could it be metal particles

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.