Skimmer question

chayne

Bronze Supporter
Ok so I have a pro series pool. Just installed a new intex 2100 gph pump/filter. I drilled out the bottom of my skimmer to accommodate 1.5" pvc. Now I have a slight leak in the bottomorning of my skimmer. Maybe hole just a little too big? Don't know for sure. Just know I am getting a drip about every 3 seconds. My question is, is there anyway I can cover that hole up with something and make another hole or do you think I will have to buy a new skimmer? Also, do all skimmer holes match?

I did pit Teflon around the male threaded adapter and even put. Little silicone around the inside and outside of the skimmer. Used rubber gasket material 1/16" thick on inside and out. Also used a metal lock ringo on the threads to keep everything tight.

i was just looking if i had to replace the skimmer housing it is $38. but then i still have to do the alterations to the housing. I was thinking of just replacing the whole housing with maybe a Hayward skimmer. i cannot seem to find the measurements. I know my proseries skimmer housing is 6 3/8" tall X 7" wide. if i were to just buy a Hayward skimmer like this one Hayward SP1091LX Skimmer with Accessory Kit for Above Ground Pools would it go over my existing opening and cover the screw holes with gasket and make new holes? just thinking ahead in case i cannot get this one to stop leaking.

this one is what I have and it is 13.5" wide x 7.5" tall so it would work great :)
Amazon.com : Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer Kit : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden

ywvf9H8.jpg

GPTVPJ0.jpg

it has a standard 1.5 inch fitting in the bottom, I do not think intex will connect straight to it but they do have an adapter I think

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.