Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you use an above ground vacuum for inground pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you use an above ground vacuum for inground pool?

I happened to see an intex pool vacuum for sale. The seller said it can be used for an inground pool as well. Is she right?
    25,000 gallons IG, Hayward Pro series XL, sand filter, built 1996 (i will have to check), well water with dual filtration system, K-2006 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you use an above ground vacuum for inground pool?

Sounds like the seller is referring to your standard manual-type vacuum head with hose that gets inserted into the skimmer when you need to vacuum. So as long as the hose being used for that vacuum fits your poolside skimmer, it should work. You could always measure the two to be sure.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Can you use an above ground vacuum for inground pool?

25,000 gallons IG, Hayward Pro series XL, sand filter, built 1996 (i will have to check), well water with dual filtration system, K-2006 kit