Pool still not crystal clear, Could use advice.

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Just tested with TF-100:

FC- 7 (little high)
CC- 0
pH- 7.5
TA- 50
CYA- 60
I didn't check CH this time, but its always about 60.

I slammed last week and have been trying to get everything to their proper levels.
I was planning on raising my pH and TA a little bit. The TA is recommended to be 60-80ppm.

Here are a few pictures from a little bit ago. Can't clearly see to the bottom.

ymcX5SL.jpg

8JzCnv7.jpg

You didn't SLAM the pool of it isn't clear. SLAM is a process of bringing your chlorine up to shock level for your CYA and KEEPING it there-- by continuously adding chlorine until:

1. Water is clear
2. CC less that .5
3. OCLT Less than 1

Hmm I guess I could do the SLAM again. Maybe I didnt get my FC high enough. The CYA was around 20-30 last week so I only took FC to about 10-12. The CC was reading 0 every time after that so I thought I was good. I didn't really get a reading overnight because the SWG was running

+2 on the SLAM. When is the last time you backwashed? What is your psi? I think that pool will clear but if it doesn't in 48 hours and your filter is clean, I will suggest a cup of DE in the filter........hold off for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.