Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool still not crystal clear, Could use advice.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool still not crystal clear, Could use advice.

Just tested with TF-100:

FC- 7 (little high)
    CC- 0
    pH- 7.5
    TA- 50
    CYA- 60
    I didn't check CH this time, but its always about 60.

I slammed last week and have been trying to get everything to their proper levels.
    I was planning on raising my pH and TA a little bit. The TA is recommended to be 60-80ppm.

Here are a few pictures from a little bit ago. Can't clearly see to the bottom.

Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool still not crystal clear, Could use advice.

You didn't SLAM the pool of it isn't clear. SLAM is a process of bringing your chlorine up to shock level for your CYA and KEEPING it there-- by continuously adding chlorine until:

1. Water is clear
    2. CC less that .5
    3. OCLT Less than 1
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmm I guess I could do the SLAM again. Maybe I didnt get my FC high enough. The CYA was around 20-30 last week so I only took FC to about 10-12. The CC was reading 0 every time after that so I thought I was good. I didn't really get a reading overnight because the SWG was running
    Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

SLAM isn't a one time elevation of chlorine. It is a process where you are keeping your chlorine elevated until all three criteria are met. Not just one

The good news is you have the right tools with a good test kit and Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

5. Back To Top    #5

+1 to keep calm and SLAM on!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

+2 on the SLAM. When is the last time you backwashed? What is your psi? I think that pool will clear but if it doesn't in 48 hours and your filter is clean, I will suggest a cup of DE in the filter........hold off for now.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School