Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
OK hopefully this is an easy one. My main return jet appears to have an outer housing that has threads, and then a 2" diameter inlet fitting that screws into it. My question is, how can I attach a hose for a fountain to this? This arrangement doesn't seem to match the standard fountain hose connectors. Would I just unscrew that inlet fitting and screw another fitting in its place? I've never attempted to unscrew it and am a bit skittish. That inlet fitting has a couple of ears inside of it, possibly to allow you to snap some sort of hose connector into it? The pool is about 15 years old.

Here's a photo:

ReturnJet.JPG

OK I think this may be it (a Polaris UWF Universal Wall Fitting Connector). I know the original owner of the pool had a Polaris which he took with him.

mILBDnFptMQ_PVVOd1thaHQ.jpg

So I guess I can just unscrew that and screw in a fitting better suited for connecting fountains?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.