Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer trippers bending

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer trippers bending

Hi all. I have an Intermatic timer for my pool and it seems like every year there's a new issue. This year the clock doesn't seem to work properly and neither the ON or OFF trippers are turning the pool on or off. Surprisingly 2 different ON trippers have bent significantly. Any ideas?
    Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Timer trippers bending

Have you done the little trick of looking thru the "peep" hole on the timer to see if the gears are actually turning? Sometimes you can even hear them and don't have to look thru the hole.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes i checked and it was moving. But the big mystery is how are those trippers bending ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Seems like something must be binding up the lever. Work the on/off switch back and forth and see if there is anything getting stuck in there binding it up.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I had the same problem with my triggers bending. Turned out to be my ex-wife forcing the pool either on or off about the same time the triggers would be in play.
    IG Vinyl 18x36 28500 Gallon SWG Taylor K2006 Test Kit
    380 Gallon Master Spa Chlorine for sanitizer

6. Back To Top    #6

i will give it a try. Thank you

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a bag of trippers and they were assorted for different types of timers. Some wouldn't work on my timer but it had an instruction sheet which color tripper went to certain timers.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!