Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well Dangit

1. Back To Top    #1

Well Dangit

Hi everyone. 2 yr lurker finally joined. My name is Rus and I'm from Texas. I bought a house that has a 35,000 gal in-ground gunite pool. Last year I fought and fought and made the huge mistake of letting the "pool store" guide me. We didn't swim at all it was green all year. This year I ordered a Taylor A8320 and after being covered all winter I found out I have a cya issue from all the great chemicals I bought from l%=% pools. I was new and didn't know better. I'm glad to be among friends here and after studying all winter I'm making a go at it with the bbb method. That is after a complete drain and reboot. Did I have to go this far? Probably not. I had cya in the 130's copper of .5. I just decided to start fresh with my new found knowledge. I'll probably be around and asking questions so I just wanted to say Hi and hope everyone is having or planning a great summer!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well Dangit

Hello Rus and welcome to TFP! Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Texas splash!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP. Good to have you join us and can't wait to hear about your safe sparkly pool.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank Yall!!